Tessy is a vivacious travel influencer full of life who considers travelling self care, and prides herself on travelling in luxury on a budget. She is also a trustee of the Educating Africa, a charity laser focused on sending disadvantaged girls to school. You can find out more about Tessy, her travel tips and excursions over on her Instagram page @astoldbymansa and you can find out more about Educating Africa here
1. What is your earliest hair memory?
It was sitting in the market in Nigeria with my grandma and getting my hair braided, I think I was 5 or 6 years old and I remember feeling so pretty afterwards.
2. What is your most memorable hair style?
I love so many versatile hairstyles but one of my all-time favourites would be a Tiwa Savage hairdo, she had canerows that were really really long.
3. What is your favourite protective style?
Braids and then a wig, I think it’s my go to as I sometimes struggle with daily styling
4. What did you do to your hair when you were younger that you would not do now?
My hair was relaxed as a child and I carried on into adulthood because I thought that was the right thing to do. Now I’m a naturalista and have never looked back
5. Share a haircare tip, trick or hack?
Always spray your hair with water and use coconut oil when detangling
6. Must have song on your Washday playlist?
Any Afrobeats song to keep me motivated
7. Centre or Side part?
Side part always
8. Ponytail or top knot?
Top knot, never had a pony tail
9. Braids or twists?
10. How do you practice self care?
I travel regularly as it’s therapy for me, I also book spa dates to get some relaxing time. I go for a run to release any anxiety adrenaline
11. What three things make you happy
Travelling, Family and Giving back
12. Favourite affirmation, quote, motto or saying
The quality of love you give others can only be as valuable as the quality of love you give yourself
13. What would you recommend everyone watches on Netflix
Journey of an African Colony
14. What is your favourite The Washday Co product?
15. Describe The Washday Co in one word