HAIRY TALES: THE SMALL BUSINESS OWNER
Yvonne Aboagye-Hobson is the founder of Nett Exfoliator, a traditional exfoliating sheet originating from Ghana, West Africa. She recently found success after being featured in a full page spread in Sunday Times Style, a national newspaper in the UK. She is the most generous entrepreneur you would ever meet, willing to share all her knowledge and not afraid to discuss her challenges, you can find out more about her and her business over on her website www.mynettex.com as well as her Instagram @mynettex
1. What is your earliest hair memory?
My mum had this metal biscuit tin (Danish cookies) full of these cute brightly coloured hair clips and baubles and me and my sister Lucy would be soo excited to pick the ones that we wanted in our hair each time she did our hair.
2. What is your most memorable hair style?
My mini mouse buns my Aunty (I think) did on my hair when I was a baby.
3.What is your favourite protective style?
Two long braids
4. What did you do to your hair when you were younger that you would not do now?
Relax it every 6 weeks.
5. Share a haircare tip, trick or hack?
Cut at least half an inch of every time you are at the hairdresser. I know a lot of girls with Afro hair don’t want to lose ANY length, but it really helps your hair to grow and it keeps it nice and healthy.
6. Must have song on your Washday playlist?
90s RnB - Destiny’s Child, Usher, Jennifer Lopez, you name it :)
7. Centre or Side part?
Centre - soo chic
8. Ponytail or top knot?
9. Braids or twists?
10. How do you practice self care?
Ensure I get 7-9 hours sleep every night, go for walks everyday with hubby, quiet time reading my Bible or listening to worship music.
11. What three things make you happy
Quality family time, travelling anywhere and everywhere, a great cheeseboard with wine
12. Favourite affirmation, quote, motto/saying
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be???”
13. What would you recommend everyone watches on NetflixThe Good Place - absolutely hilarious
14. What is your favourite The Washday Co product?
Haven’t tried them yet, but that conditioner is my next purchase.
15. Describe The Washday Co in one word
Loving and nurturing Afro hair.